Wednesday, March 28, 2012

toursfrom vientiane toluang prabang

Hello, sawahdee and thank you for your help





I am travelling to Laos on 1/12 arriving at Vientiane and leaving from LP on6/12.





I am looking for a group tour leaving Vientiane on 2/12 ( after presumably staying overnight on 1/12)and arriving LP on the fifth ( possibly 6th).





I am a single guy aged 58





I prefer a group tour as the prices I have been quoted for private are a bit too high.





my budget is maybe 6-800 dollars.





I would be interested in the usual highlights of Laos , eg vientiane, LP, Pak ou%26lt; possibly plain of Jars and/or waterfalls, possibly visiting minority vialllge





my email is reubenlewis@talktalk.net





Very many thanks for your help





toursfrom vientiane toluang prabang


Hi Reuben!



There are quite a few travel agencies in Vientiane and you could probably just belly up and book a tour when you arrive. The ones you pre-book online from your home country are pretty pricey. Here is one example and you have to submit a request before you even get a price quote, but have a look anyhow.



www.alllaoservice.com/classictours.html





Your timeframe will not allow for a trip to Phonsavan to see the jars, but I highly recommend doing a walking tour of Vientiane (a tour is hardly needed!), spend a day or two there, then embark on your tour to Luang Prabang. Additionally,you could opt to just get an air ticket from Vientane to Luang Prabang and joing little excursions to see the caves, falls, etc. 2-3 days is plenty for that. It is totally doable on your own, and a piece of cake to figure out once you%26#39;re there. Any travel agency in Vientiane can help you get the plane tickets and book you a hotel. Cheers!



toursfrom vientiane toluang prabang


Hi Maneki



Thanks for rreply and yes, they are a bit pricey. I have been slowly coming to exactly ther same conclusion as you suggest.



I am doing similar in Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok and Pnom Penh/ Seam Reap but just felt a bit lazy for Laos LOL but think now I will just boook the internal and trot out from Luang Prabang



P. ANd yes, me and my Lp ( strangely similar initials) will be doing walking circuits of both caps.



Thanks again



Reuben




PS Maneki, I intend booking the plane ticket and hotels from here via internet ( unless you think its better from Ventiane?



Reuben




If you%26#39;re traveling in December, book the flights and hotels (especially in Luang Prabang) NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment