Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pak Ou caves

Can anyone tell me if all tours leave at 8am? I arrive from Vientiane 10am and my first day of arrival is the only day I can check out the caves.





Thank youl



Pak Ou caves


Inquire at a travel agency when you get there. You can always hire a boat yourself, but it%26#39;s going to be a little more expensive.



Pak Ou caves


I rented a boat to go to Pak ou caves just the GF and me last year, $20 for the day with a trip to the little restaurant across the river from the caves , and a visit to a lao lao making village up river at little ways , the guy parks his boats on the mekong side of Wat Xieng Thong where the stairs go down to the water, bought the driver lunch and he let my GF drive the boat back to LP, it was fun, Callao




$20 was the going rate when I last stayed in LP, about 6 years ago. Good to hear the price is still the same!




I think it was 2 years ago in september 06




I went in march this year - again $20 for 3 of us - no other passengers. There are boat-men waiting near the wharf and elsewhere along the river looking for customers and they will leave any time during the morning. You need about 5 hrs for the trip so that why they don%26#39;t leave after lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment