Thursday, March 29, 2012

Se Pian NPA or 4000 islands

I will be in Laos for a few days by myself while I wait for my friend to arrive. I plan to spend those 4 nights in the south near Pakse. I am either going to spend the entire time at Kingfisher ecolodge where I can ride elephants, mountain bike, hike, etc. all around Se Pian NPA. Or I plan to do the typical southern tour of a night in Se Pian and then the rest in the 4000 islands. Any recommendations for which one I should do? I am leaning towards spending the entire time at Kingfisher, but I didn%26#39;t know if I was going to be missing anything spectacular by skipping the 4000 islands. Any thoughts? Thank you!





Se Pian NPA or 4000 islands


If you don%26#39;t have your friend there, 4000 islands may be too boring for you, unless you%26#39;re into watching sunsets alone and lights out at 10pm (electricity goes off then). No elephants, either. Then agian, Wat Pu in Champasak is pretty cool, and Pakse is a nive little town to mill around in.



Have never heard of the Se Pian ecolodge you are talking about, but it sounds like there might be more activity than down in Si Phan Don (4000 islands). I just returned from the latter and it was totally devoid of tourists(off-season now!), good for me and my friend as we%26#39;re into photography, quiet places and drinking Beerlao...

No comments:

Post a Comment