Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lunag Prabang to Siem Reap transportation options?

We will be traveling from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap in Dec, does any one have suggestions for the best options for this route?

Thanks bluewildyonder

Lunag Prabang to Siem Reap transportation options?

bangkok airways do this route. I am flying Siem Reap to Luang Prabang on 29th December, then flying back Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai on 31st.

Can book online with Bankgkok Airways and get an e-ticket by e-mail.

Lunag Prabang to Siem Reap transportation options?

I believe it is the Lao airline you fly with. You can book with Bangkok air but actually it is Lao air. You can book directly with Vietnam air as well.


I have read somewhere that one can%26#39;t book directly with Vietnam Air. Not sure if it%26#39;s true but I%26#39;ve booked my december trip (from Bangkok to Siem Reap to LPG) through Expedia and Vietnam Air is covering Siem Reap-LPG leg of the trip.

Heidi


If you want to book it yourself you can do this with Lao Air through their web site. I am flying Siem Reap to Luang Prabang in October, the cost is $215 inc taxes. The flight time is 3.5hr as the plane stops at Pakse. The booking process was simple and I received instant confirmation and e-ticket.

Currently you can not book Vietnam Airlines international flights on line even though the flights are shown on the Lao Air web site.


Make sure you use correct Laoair web site and not dubious agents of similar web title

http://www.laoairlines.com

and correct browser=only works for ebookings on Explorer.


I just flew from Luang Prabang to Siem Reap on 10/2 on Lao Airline.

I was in Vietnam and booked my flight a week earler for $225. I could have bought the same ticket a day in advance in Luang Prabang for $180. There were empty seats on my flight to SR. I am not sure why the difference unless Vietnamese Airlines makes a large commission.

Arriving im Laos. I was surprised to see many promotions for buy one get one ticket free on international locations that were good through 9/30. I never saw this promotion on the web site. A new promotion for the fall was buy one get one free between Vietiene and Luang Prabang.

It will be different in high season, but for those traveling in low season I would recommend buying your ticket locally and seeing if there are any promotions.

  • need girl advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment