Thursday, March 29, 2012

Aroon Residence

Hi The website looks great, but i cannot find any reference to it on T A.

Has anybody stayed there and is it as good as the web portrays.

My next selection would be the Chanthapanya but the website is so slow [ even with my fast broadband ].

Gander.

Aroon Residence

I have stayed here and the rooms are nice and big and the location is central - very close to the Morning Market. The staff is also nice. Another place you might want to look at is Villa manoly, a French mansion. Its a little further out, but the prices are the same and VM does have a small pool.

Aroon Residence

Thanks again Rufuscat.

Only small things i know but apart from the expected eg air con / mini bar etc 2 very important things to us are, tea /coffee making facilities and a few English language speaking T/V channels.

I will check out Manoley, but the walking distance to markets etc sounds good.

Gander.


Just one thing. Make sure this is the Aroon guesthouse and not the Aroon Hotel. The latter is a nice hotel, but could hardly be described as central.


Just checked their website. This is the hotel. I have not satyed there, though it looks nice. It is too far out from the town centre though.


Just shows how easy it is to be fooled.

On the website www.aroonresidencehotel.com they give their address as Ban Hatsady Neua

Chanthabouly Districct

Saylom Road.

They say that it is a 5 minute walk to the morning market and the Victory Monument and is in the centre of town.

Are we talking about the same place ?

Gander.


Hi there Gander,

OMG you correct about the Chanthapanya 鈥榮 slow web page. I too had this one on my notes.

I have another I am keen on %26amp; have sent you an e-mail of. ( just to add more confusion), it is near the river.

Plus a map, although I need to buy a magnifying glass to see.

Thanks for taking the time on this forum Rufuscat your advice %26amp; feedback has been helful to me too.

Not heard of the Aroon Residence, about to check out.


Yep we are talking about the same place. I drove past it this morning actually which prompted my second reply.

The Aroon GUESTHOUSE is located about a 3 minute walk from the morning market; it is the place I have stayed at. While it is not what I would call luxurious, the rooms are quite large. we had the upstairs room - actually a bed room and a sitting room. It is clean and spacious.

Another suggestion is the Manoly guesthouse I have already mentioned. This is about a 10 min walk from the town cntre and is lovely, and has a pool, (small).

A decent hotel a mate stayed at about 2 months ago - and I looked at his room - is the one you mention, the Chanthapanya. Now this is VERY central. Further from the Morning Market, but very close to restaurants and the town centre.


Ok forget my previous post and sorry about the confusion. Just spoke to the Missus.

The one I drove past this morning is the New Aroon Hotel. The one you are talking about is commonly called the Aroon Guesthouse and is the one shown on the website. This IS the one I have stayed at and this IS close to everything.

Again sorry, but best to get things right.


vientiane-hotel-link.com/Aroon_Residence_Hot鈥?/a>

I found this web site shows location.


OK, this thread is getting a bit confusing...

Just to confirm:

The Aroon Residence Hotel is a recommended hotel in a central location, correct?

Many thanks.

  • eyeshadow color
  • removing contact lenses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment