Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Laos Itinerary Advice

Dear Laos Travelers,

I am planning a trip to Laos in November for 8 days.

I%26#39;d like to see both Plain of Jars and Vang Vieng (in an earlier post I asked for feed back on which was better- please let me know your opinion if you didnt see the earlier post) but am wondering if I will be squeezing in too much. I put my itinerary below.

Also, I waa considering renting a car and driver since I%26#39;ve read buses breakdown quite a bit. Cost aside, I was wondering how easy it is to find good, safe transport, I am a single female traveling along and I%26#39;ve read that Laos is quite safe but all the posts seem to involve public transit.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

DC Traveler

DAY1: Arr Luang Prabang

DAY2 Luang Prabang

DAY3 Travel to Plaing of Jars

DAY4 Plain of Jars

DAY5 Travel to Vang Vieng

DAY6 Vang Vieng

DAY7 Travel to Vientiane

DAY8 Vientiane

DAY9 Dept

Laos Itinerary Advice

Looks like a decent schedule, but I would really consider skipping Vang Vieng and spending another day in Luang Prabang and Xieng Khouang (Plain of Jars). LP has a lot of culture to see, and the jars sites are fairly spread out and it would be worth at least a day and a half there (full day + half day of sightseeing). Dependign on your flight/bus schedules, you might be arriving inthe late afternoon and by the time you get settled in your hotel, you will have lost the better part of the day for seeing the sights. So I%26#39;d recommend this-

Luang Prabang

Xieng Khouang (Plain of Jars)

Vientiane

Take your time- there is a lot to see! And don%26#39;t worry about traveling solo- I travel solo (female) there quite often.

  • AJAX in .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment