Thursday, March 29, 2012

Laundry

Hi,





Can I safely assume there are plenty of inexpensive and reliable places to get my laundry done in Luang Prabang?





Thanks!



Laundry


Erniecat, I just got mine done through my guest house. I think it was $1 per kilo (plus a service charge to the guest house). As I was leaving for the day I saw a staff member running up the road with my laundry to wherever if was being processed.





I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll have any issues.





Cheers, --Kip



Laundry


Sorry Ernie, you will have to wear your underpants inside out.




Rufuscat,





Thanks so much for the helpful reply. If you ever have any questions about a corner of the world you may not have visited, please do not hesitate to ask. I%26#39;ll try to be as helpful to you as you were to me.





Cheers!




there are plenty of places everywhere.




No sense of humour Ernie!




I heard that some places may not touch underwear



Any truth to that?




Reminds me of a funny experience the wife and I had in Thailand earlier this year.



We are used to getting laundry done in Asia by the kilo but in this instance the laundry lady insisted in sign language that it was per item-you can imagine my wife%26#39;s embarassment when she then proceeded to upend the laundry bag right in the street and count out each item(certainly no problem with underwear there!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment