Wednesday, April 25, 2012

visa requirment

hoping to visit next month from non khai friend ship bridge 2 thais and 1 british do we need photos and for visas and what would the cost be



visa requirment


Yes you do need 2 photos. You should always carry about 6 passport photos when you travel os.Sorry I have no idea what the cost of your photos will be; I guess that depends where you get them done. The visa on the other hand, is about $30US.



By the way, why don%26#39;t you make your life far easier and get your visa at a Laos Embassy in England or France beforehand?



visa requirment


price of visa for foreigners depend on citizenship. maximum is 35 $. for thai citizens : depending on the places they go and how long they stay, a simple border pass can be OK (maximum 3 days and only neighbouring province allowed I think / to be checked with embassies)



I think visa for thai is about to be free of charge soon if not done yet. calling the thai embassy in vientiane or the lao embassy in bangkok would be the best way.



visas at the border are cheaper than in the embassies in general for foreigners (at least for French !)




Some very odd information in the above post. Border passes are not available to Westerners. Thais have not paid for a visa for quite a while.



The cost of a visa at an emabssy is MINIMALLY more, but the cost in real terms depends on how much you value your time. I couldn%26#39;t be bothered waiting one hour, (which quite a few have and more), for a visa just for an extra $5 or so. If you have nothing else to do and enjoy sittiong around twiddling your thumbs, then sure, get one on arrival. My time is too valuable to waste it like that, but up to you....




Rufuscat,





The problem we Brits have is that there isn%26#39;t a Lao embassy in England. The options therefore are either getting a visa in Bangkok or visa on arrival.





Jerome,





As you apprently live in Pakse, if you read this, can you tell me whether we can get a visa on arrival at Chong Mek these days. I have done in the past but it seems to vary from time to time. Thanks.




you can get your visa, no trouble.



office closes officially at 08:00 PM, but often at 18:30... be careful




Jerome,





Thanks for your help.




no trouble.



do not forget to take photos before. there is no local service available on the Lao side (Thai side would be OK at regular opening hours).



enjoy your trip to lao




Don%26#39;t worry if you forget or lose your 2 visa pics. I lost mine during my travels and they only charged me $1 more than my friend who had both of hers! They charged me $36 (and didn%26#39;t take any photos) and they charged her $35! I was just there last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment