Tuesday, April 24, 2012

General Information/Questions

HI,





I am traveling solo to Laos %26amp; am a little behind on my planning. I have some general questions.





What is the easiest %26amp; cheapest way to get there? I know that there are some no frills airlines or is ground transportation the easiest?





Once I am in the country is it easy to get from city to city?





How much time should I try to spend in Laos? I am planning to travel for 2-3 months, I would like to visit Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia %26amp; a little Thailand. (I have visited Bangkok, Chaing Mai, the islands %26amp; Siem Reap before.)





How expensive is Laos compared to other SE Asian countries? I am looking online for hostels %26amp; the prices are more than I thought they would be.





Thank you for all of your help!





General Information/Questions


Get there from where? You can fly from Bkk to Vte with Laos/Thai. You can fly to Udon and then take a mini bus to the Friendship Bridge.





Laos is more expensive than you would think, because a lot of stuff is imported from thailand. Hotels and guesthouses are not expensive though.





Time spent here depends on how thoroughly you want to explore - if you want to do a lot, I%26#39;d say 3 weeks. Flying to Luang Prabang, Plain of Jars etc saves a lot of time.



General Information/Questions


Thanks for your advise!





I am probably going to be coming in from Bangkok. Now you said it is more expensive than you think, could you be a little more specific, is it similar to Chiang Mai, Bangkok or Cambodia? I am planning on doing a few months in SE Asia, so I am trying to stay on a budget.





My other question is about the time frame. Originally I had thought the tourist Visa was for 30 days, but when I was doing more research online, I found it is good for 15 days. Would I have to exit the country %26amp; then come back in to stay for 3 weeks or can I extend the 15 day visa?





Thank you!




Hi,





I%26#39;m just back from a 1 month trip to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Your lucky to have 2-3mths cos 1 was just not enough.





We found Laos to be very easy to get around in, always seemed to be a sawngthaew, bus or boat around when needed.





The most expensive place we stayed in was $10 and the cheapest was $3. We chose fairly clean comfortable places, not the cheapest options, you could easily go cheaper if your not fussy.





If you eat food from street sellers and use mostly local transport you%26#39;ll get by on next to nothing.





I would say for us accommodation was cheaper than the other two and probably transport as well. If you like beer your in for a treat, Beer lao is super cheap ($1 for 640mls) and really good.





Cheers!
























lao visa for USA is 30 days not 15


  • make up school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment