Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Angsana Spa - Do Not Go There!

I want to tell you how disappointed I am in the Angsana Spa in Luang Prabang, Laos based on my visit on Friday, February 22nd, 2008. Now that I am back in the United States, I would like to tell you how angry I am.





On February 22nd, I came in around 5:00pm to get one of the most expensive packages. I had the 1 hour massage, the 1 hour facial and the 30 minute body polish. Upon arriving, I was impressed at the courtesy of the staff, as well as, the quickness that they were able to accomodate my needs. I was taken to an outside ';make-shift'; room that had 2 massage tables in it.





I was in the spa from 5:30pm until approximately 8:00pm. At one point of my massage, the massage therapist put a mask or something over my eyes. I didn%26#39;t think anything of this as I thought this may be something that is done in your country. BY THE WAY, MY PURSE WAS JUST SITTING ON A CHAIR BEHIND THE MASSAGE TABLE.





Needless to say, I tipped this young lady $10.00 American Dollars (you do the conversion), which was a large tip by Lao standards. I left Angsana spa and grabbed a tuk tuk down to the night market of Luang Prabang.





WHEN I REACHED INTO MY PURSE TO PAY THE TUK TUK DRIVER, I HARDLY HAD ANY MONEY!!!! EVERY SINGLE $1.00 BILL I HAD IN MY PURSE HAD BEEN STOLEN. I had counted my money before going into the spa as I PAID CASH FOR MY SERVICES AT YOUR SPA.





Not only were all of my $1 bills stolen, but I had several $20.00, $10.00 and $5.00 bills stolen. This put me at a huge inconvenience as I know I had as many as forty $1 bills in my purse that I was going to use in the night market!





Because I was so upset and I had to leave Luang Prabang to catch a 7:00am cruise with LuangSay cruise (from Luang Prabang to Houei Say), I did not have an opportunity to file a police report. I did have the opportunity to tell every single person on the boat about my horrible experience with Angsana spa.





DO NOT GO TO THIS SPA! THEY HAVE SEVERAL LOCATIONS LOCATED AROUND THE WORLD! JUST WATCH YOUR STUFF!





JBW



Birmingham, Alabama



United States





Angsana Spa - Do Not Go There!


Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Thanks for the advice about the spa.



Angsana Spa - Do Not Go There!


Where in Luang Prabang is this spa? That stinks. Just goes to mention that you should keep your purse near your head and maybe put a little bell/zipper pull on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment