Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hello there

Hey, can anyone tell me about how to get a visa to Laos please?? Traveling there next month, booked my tickets from Greece, i am told i can get one at the airport, i hope it%26#39;s easy enough to do the procedure...Anything else required except passport??



Thank you kindly



Steve



Hello there


You can get visa on arrival. Need US$ and a photo. If you%26#39;re passing though Bangkok you can apply at the Lao Embassy there.



Hello there


Thank you for your reply, i hope Laos embassy is close to the airport or in the INT terminal....




Don%26#39;t bother getting a visa prior to arrival, getting one at the airport on arrival is straight forward. As the previous respondednt stated have a passport size photo with you %26amp; pay in US dollars, there is a slight extra charge per visa if you arrive %26#39;out of hours%26#39;.




As I said in numerous other posts, its up to you and depends how valuable your time is. My time is important to me and I cannot be bothered hanging around for what in recent times has been up to 1 1/2 hours waiting for the visa to be processed, especially now that it has turned very hot. There have been a lot of people entering recently at Wattay and at the Nongkai borde. If you are a backpacker with a lot of time to kill and waste, then fine. Otherwise try and secure a visa prior to arrival and use the visa on arrival as a last resort.




As I said in numerous other posts, its up to you and depends how valuable your time is. My time is important to me and I cannot be bothered hanging around for what in recent times has been up to 1 1/2 hours waiting for the visa to be processed, especially now that it has turned very hot. There have been a lot of people entering recently at Wattay and at the Nongkai borde. If you are a backpacker with a lot of time to kill and waste, then fine. Otherwise try and secure a visa prior to arrival and use the visa on arrival as a last resort.







Well, thank you for your reply Rufus, but can you be more specific please about hanging around??



I%26#39;ve got plenty of time really to wait for the next plain, i guess i am not bothered so much really....



Arriving in Shuvarnabhumi INTL 6am and plain flies 11:45am to Wattay airport !



So i guess i have plenty of time to arrange my visa there as soon i arrive to Thailand, don%26#39;t you think so?? Also can you explain what you really mean about trying to secure a visa prior to arrival..... please



I have confirmed with my travel agency in Greece now as well, there is no Asia embassy over here so i can%26#39;t get a visa, so he made sure i can get my visa on arrival there....



Thanks for your information




I was primarilly talking about waiting around at Wattay airport. I have picked up some people there on a number of occasions and on the last 2 times they have had to wait about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for their visas to be issued.. I don%26#39;t know about Suvanaphuomi airport and whether it is possible to get a visa there.





I was suggesting you send your visa to a Laos embassy in the EEU eg Paris and get a visa from them before you go. Look up the list of Lao embassies in the EEU and send your passport to the closest one. Their websites carry information on costs and on forms that need to be filled out. You also have the possibility of getting a 60 day visa that way if you wish.




Some don%26#39;t have web sites - phone them for details:





France



74 Avenue Raymond-Poincare



75116 Paris



Tel: (+33 1) 4553 0298, 4554 7047



Fax: (+33 1) 4727 5789





Germany



Am Lessing 6



53639 Konigswinter 1



Bonn, Tel: 02223-23925




Thank you so much for the information Rufus, very helpful indeed!! But i have no time to do this procedure through France or Germany, the next time i will visit Laos i arrange it like that, saving plenty of time like this. It takes nearly 1 month or more than that to have a visa through France as there are documents to be send etc etc through post office



Thank you kindly once again



Steve




Thanks, Rufus, you%26#39;ve given me a great idea. I have just contacted the Lao embassy I will apply for my Lao visa here in Japan before my July trip. I have to send passport %26amp; application w/2 photos and it costs $40, but it sure is better than waiting around for more than 90 minutes at the bloody airport. (Bummer when you%26#39;ve got people there waiting for you!)




Are you going again?! Well my pool will be finished in April I hope, so you can pop over for a drink and a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment