Wednesday, April 25, 2012

3-6 months long service leave

Am thinking of getting an apartment or flat in Vientiane or LP or somewhere else more interesting and just relaxing. You people have already been, what do you reckon? Anyone know any real estate agents? I would go in winter as I hate hot weather



3-6 months long service leave


I can get you the name of many real estate agents here in Vientiane. It is an easy place to chill out. Rents will be about $350+US a month for anything reasonable. I pay 480 for a 2 bedroom, study, 3ac house very central. There is no Winter, though a cooler season from about Sept onwards.



3-6 months long service leave


What is the temperature from Sept onwards - maybe I need to be further north or in the mountains - any suggestions? The rent is also a bit more than I expected to pay. What attracted me to Vientiane in the first place is that its not very big, am looking for something nice and quiet




Hi- its pleasant weather here in Vientiane Nov- April, you can wear long trousers and a T shirt without sweating, and the locals who feel the cold more than me wear jackets. Probably about 15-20 degrees? March-April it starts to heat up to a peak of around 36deg C, and humid.



I have rented a new fully furnished bedsit (85m2) with kitchen%26amp;lounge area for $250 and also a new furnished (120m2) 2 bedroom flat with wireless internet, TV etc for $300/month, both central.You don%26#39;t get anything nice much cheaper than that though, as there are quite a few foreigners in Vientiane now that keeps the rents inflated. There are some older 1 bedroom bedsits with separate kitchen near town for $150/month but not good for your needs.



I have friends who rent 3 bed basically furnished houses 5km away from the centre for as little as $80/month but you have to know someone for these - or spend the time asking around when you get here.





Further north you might find it harder to find a rental property as demand is much lower outside of Vientiane. You could get a long term rate in a modern guesthouse in Luang Prabang, Luang Namtha etc though for about $150/month, as some of our colleagues do. Hope this helps.




'; Probably about 15-20 degrees?';



You live in a different Vientiane to the one that I do, my friend, lol. Where is yours, in Europe?




Hi Tennant - people have different ideas of what %26#39;cold%26#39; is of course, but the temperatures I gave are about right - the guide I use is that if you can ';see your breath'; it is about 8 deg or lower and I%26#39;ve never seen my breath in Vientiane even at night in the coolest months. Also I%26#39;ve never been really %26#39;cold%26#39; in just a T shirt, as in shivering or having goosebumps, but just felt cool. Thats a bit subjective of course but should give you an idea for your trip.





It might bet down to 10 deg on the coolest night in Dec-Jan but generally the minimum is 15 deg. The world met office website uses daily averages taken over the last 50 years in vientiane, and their minimum temps agree with this.





If you go north or east of LP of course it will get hat-and-gloves cold..




Your temperatures are not correct. Temperatures in the cool season are still around 24-25 during the day. I have been swimming practically every day at Sengdara Fitness during this cooler season. Only on one morning have I worn a jacket.





The rental prices are also a bit on the low side - depends what you want and where you are staying I suppose, but anything I have seen for $300US or less has been pretty grotty.


  • make up school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment