Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Travelling with children and mum

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any tips about travelling with 3 children - 7years, 4 years and 6 months plus my 74 year old mum to Laos in July this year. Any tips? Would anyone recommend any sites to look at with advice of travelling with such a large team (including my partner they%26#39;ll be 6 of us). Does anyone know how hard it is to have budget places add extra beds to the rooms? I was thinking we could share 2 rooms....



Also, would anyone know of any places we should go with the kids and places we should avoid (unexploded ordinance and adventurous kids may not be good!!!).



Anyway, if anyone has any advice we would be very very grateful...oh, also any tips on how to stay healthy over there? We will be going for one month and kids can%26#39;t be vaccinated against typhoid.



Thank you for any advice you can offer!!



Kind regards,



Inge



Travelling with children and mum


I can%26#39;t really help with 99% of you enquiry, but with regards to the typhoid vaccination; my young daughter %26amp; I took a homeopathic spray available from Blueturtle (online) we also had a malarial spray from there. The only conventional vaccination we had was for Hep A, the rest we used natural remedies



Travelling with children and mum


Thank you very much for your advice! Would you know of any worthwhile websites to find other info about travelling with kids by any chance?



Thanks again!




I just went to conventional websites %26amp; read the Lonely Planet books %26amp; worked out what would suit us from there. Sorry I can%26#39;t be of more use.




I did not give you the actual web site of blue turtle %26amp; have just found out that if that%26#39;s all you will put in as your key search it will not take you to the right place (soory) The web site is: www.blueturtlegroup.com.




Thank you so much for your advice and the trouble you went to - I greatly appreciate it!




Hi Inge



I have nothing to offer in regards to your post BUT I would dearly appreciate any feedback when you return or as you recieve any advice ot tips, as we(family of 7,2 adults,14yr,8yr,5yr,4yr and 3yrold)are heading to Laos,Cambodia and Vietnam in Nov and have the same concerns in regards to accomodation and keeping kids happy.





Thanx



Ratty




Not a problem! We were wanting to visit Vietnam and Cambodia also but we don%26#39;t feel we%26#39;ll have the time (next time!!)..I%26#39;ve been to Vietnam several times on my own but not with kids. I think you%26#39;ll have a brilliant time there for sure!!


  • making lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment