Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nice accomodations in LP and Vientiane

Hi All,





I was wondering if someone could recommend clean, safe and comfortable accomodations in both Luang Prabang and Vientiane for a family of 4.





I have looked into Residence Phou Vao in LP - which seems like a beautiful place - but we do not need all the bells and whistles and such luxury. We would like a clean and safe hotel with friendly (and hopefully some English-speaking) staff, A/C, and a western style bathroom.





Thanks in advance!



Nice accomodations in LP and Vientiane


In Vientiane there is a wide choice. Personally I would recommend the Villa Manoley guesthouse which is a refurbished French guesthouse, with big rooms and a swimming pool, albeit rather small. It is relatively central and inexpensive.



Nice accomodations in LP and Vientiane


Stayed at Green Park , Vientane which I would recommend and also at Villa Santi Resort in LP.



See my , and other, postings on these and other hotels in the Hotel review section.




Agree that Green Park is really nice, but it is very pricey. I don%26#39;t think its that suitable for a family of 4 if you are on a budget. Same applies to Residence Phou Vao.




I stayed at Sala Prabang in Luang Prabang last oct.I was there for 5 nights %26amp; would highly recommend it.the staff were very friendly it was emaculate %26amp; had a restarant with beautifull views of Mekong.It had a tremendous amount of character each room is different I stayed in 3 different rooms while I was there %26amp; they were all good.They had tea coffee %26amp;green tea as well where you could help yourself when ever you liked with hot water always kept in flasks.It was a beautifull building that had once been the home of a politian I think.It was in a perfect position %26amp; very peacefull.While I was there I checked out a few guesthouses %26amp; it is easy in LPto get simple cheap ie 10$ us accom. Sayo guesthouse looked good %26amp; my friend was happy with that Sala Prabang was great but next time I will stay somewhere much cheaper




Can I recommend Senesouk in Luang Prabang and Lani in Vientianne - both small guesthouses - clean, well run in very central locations. from memory approximately $30 for two - my husband and travelled to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam at this time last year and found these places just about the best value experiences of all

No comments:

Post a Comment