Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help needed with itinerary

I would like to visit Luang Prabang and other recommended areas of Laos between May 17 and May 31. I will be in Hanoi up to May 17 and then have two week before meeting my husband in Saigon on May 31. I will be travelling alone for this period. Is Laos a safe place for a woman travelling solo? Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated. Also, will it be easy to arrange a flight into Laos from Hanoi and where do I arrange Laos visa?





Help needed with itinerary


Safe? Yes. Absolutely. I have traveled solo in Laos (I am female) three times now. Spend your time in Vang Vieng (caving and enjoying the exquisite nature there, and not hanging out with hippie backpackers) Luang Prabang and Vientiane for your first trip. You will have ample time to fully explore these places in your timeframe. Visas can be obtained upon arrival at Watay airport in Vientiane.Have one passport photo and US$35 ready.



Help needed with itinerary


Thank you so much for your response. I am very much looking forward to exploring Laos. What sequence do you think I should do the three places recommended by you? Should I fly each leg? Also, given that I have to be back in Saigon by 30 May, do you have any suggestions as to a great way to get down to Saigon after I have explored Laos? Thank you very much for all your help.




Fly into Vientiane, spend a couple days there, then take the bus to Vang Vieng (3 1/2 hours, buses leave at Talat Sao bus staiton at 7am and are $2.50 one way). After arriving in VV, you can decide how long you want to stay (it%26#39;s charming indeed!), then take the bus back down to Vientiane. From there, fly to Luang Prabang, spend a few days there and then fly back to Vientiane and then on to Ho Chi Minh.

No comments:

Post a Comment