Tuesday, April 24, 2012

luang Prabang

Hi,



Should I spend more than 2 nights in Luang Prabang? My plan is to spend 2 nights there and 2 nights in Vientiane. Any suggestions.



Thanks,



Vinh



luang Prabang


Why don%26#39;t you go there and see how much you like it?



luang Prabang


Hi Vinh,





I spent two nights in Luang Prabang with my boyfriend and we had a great time. We spent the first evening on the main street going out for dinner %26amp; drinks.





The next morning we took a boat up the river to see the pak oa caves %26amp; in the afternoon went to see the waterfall (which was the highlight of our trip!)





We were sad to be leaving the next day because it is a really nice place to visit. I felt as though we saw the main tourist attractions, but would have liked to spend an extra day relaxing as there are plenty of other things to do in the area.





If you have limited time, you can see the main things in two days, just not much time for relaxing.




I recently spend a week in LP and was sad to leave, I%26#39;m going back in a few months time because it%26#39;s such a pleasant place to be. You can ';see'; most things in 2 days, but I%26#39;d give it a few more days if you can. Having said that, Vientiane is nice too, but with only 4 days, I%26#39;d do one or the other unless you%26#39;re just keen to tick them both off the list. Sometimes, less really is more.




Luang Prabang is a much nicer place to spend your time than Vientiane, we spent four nights there but could;ve easily stayed longer. We only did two nights in Vientienne, we had planned four, but left earlier as was%26#39;nt as appelaing as LP.




I will have at least 4 days there. I am not sure what are the main things to see




Spent 2 nights in Vietiane and 6 nights (the last is today) in LP. At a push you can do Vietiane in a day. LP in my view has a lot more going for it and we haven%26#39;t found 6 days too long.




My first trip to Laos I did 3 nights in Vientiane and 3 in LP. Now I keep going back to Vientiane, as I really like that place. Many many tourists in LP, and in the past few years, even crappy guesthouses are going for $15 (better quality for $5 in Vang Vieng!) but some nice sights as the caves, temples, Phou Si, market and museum. Definitely stay a few nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment