Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tad Fane and Bolaven Plateau

Has anyone stayed at the Tad Fane resort and if so what do you think of it?

Can anyone suggest the number of days one should take to have a look around on the plateau. I want many to look at the coffee, tea plantations and sightsee - but I%26#39;m not interested in serious trekking.

Anyone know how easy it is to hire a tuk tuk or car to take us around for a day or two - motorbikes not really suitable - as although my husband rides a big bike at home (and I get on the back) I don%26#39;t fancy the back of those small bikes and without our usual protective gear on.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Tad Fane and Bolaven Plateau

I stayed there on an Intrepid trip. It%26#39;s basic but I really liked it. There a bunch of little cabins you%26#39;ll stay in. The ';reception'; area is open (no screens/windows) and upstairs is the bar/restaurant. This is all situated on one side of a gorge, right across the gorge is a waterfall. It%26#39;s a great little spot...wish I could post pictures.

Tad Fane and Bolaven Plateau

I stayed there 2 nights recently while my friend %26amp; I were traveling though Laos. The accommodation consists of little wood cabins, which have decent bathroom facilities inside. We had gone there expecting to take one of their hikes, but upon arrival we were told that they didn%26#39;t have a guide! Instead, we opted to hike around on our own (not for the meek) and quite enjoyed it. Bring decent footwear if you attempt to do this. The restaurant has lousy food, but the beer is nice and cold! If you just want the view of the falls, you can go there for the day, as a lot of folks do. My friend %26amp; I wanted to chill out in the forest atmosphere, so 2 nights was nice for us!


Thank you both very much - that was just the sort of impressions I wanted to know.

We will most likely stay 2 nights (contemplating 3) as we%26#39;d like to have time up on the plateau rather than just doing a day trip. Somewhere I read that the food was good but now I won%26#39;t hold out for too much!!!

We plan on a week to 10 days in the south as we%26#39;ve been north a couple of times and then a week in Vientiane - I know lots of people don%26#39;t like it much but we do and have family living there so its a bit different.

Thanks again

Mary

  • human hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment