Saturday, April 21, 2012

Currency Laos

Hi, I will be spending about three to four weeks in Laos and have a few questions about the currency most widely accepted.



When I pay for my visa, I think that I need to use dollars, is this correct? Do I pay for other things in Thai Baht, Kip or dollars? Which currency is most widely accepted or best to use? Will I get a better exchange rate if I use one v s. another?



If it is best to change money into Kips, should I bring dollars or would travel checks better? It seems like there aren%26#39;t that many ATMs in the country, so I should bring money with me.



Thank you for your advice!



Currency Laos


you can use dollars to start out with, cash or travelors checks if you cash a travelors check to dollars its 3%, to lao kip 1%,$300 a day TCs per day, 100 bucks goes a long way in Laos some restuarants will give you a bill with the cost in kip, baht and dollars, outside of Vientiane and LP you will want to change directly into kip and use them up before you leave the country, callao



Currency Laos


If paying for things in rural areas, you will be using kip. Bring dollars or baht (cash) to exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment