Saturday, April 21, 2012

How long to spend in Laos?

Hi,





I%26#39;m planning a trip of SE Asia, and am trying to plan an estimate of how long I should spend it each country, so I know when to book the plane home for.





Could people advise me on how long to spend it Laos please? I%26#39;m male, 20, fairly streetwise, but haven%26#39;t done travelling on my own like this before.





I%26#39;m interested in natural beauty of the country and the history, but the main reason I%26#39;m going is to soak up and live for a little in the hugely different culture. I%26#39;ve been reading that Vientiane and Luang Probang are the main places to go - is that justified? Are there secret beauties I should go to?





I%26#39;m going from September - November, and I%26#39;m a complete novice to this area!





Thanks!!





Andy





How long to spend in Laos?


Gidday Andy. 3 weeks should see you well. Go to Pakse and the Plain of Jars as wells as Vientiane and Luang Prabang.



How long to spend in Laos?


What interests you? I found the south to be gorgeous, although a bit of a hassle to navigate (fortunately I was traveling with a local and that helped with the language!). Bolaven area, Si Phan Don, Champasak- ruins, waterfalls and cool river islands...The south will be in the midst of its rainy season, but I am going there at that time to check it out again...If going from Vientiane to Luang Prabang, spend a few days in Vang Vieng if you%26#39;re into caving and biking. Absolutely gorgeous surroundings!




  • making lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment