Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help Planning Laos Trip

Hi All





I am still in the very early stages of planning a trip through South East Asia later this year. I was hoping to tap into the vast knowledge here to get some recommendations on what to see and do in Laos.





The only thing I have my heart set on is the Plain of Jars. Everything else can be negotiated around that!





I am guessing I will have to stay/travel through Vientiane as well.





I am planning roughly 5 days for the Laos leg. Unless there is a way to do the plain of jars in less time?





Thanks!





Cap3tt3





Help Planning Laos Trip


I would spend 2 nights in Phonsavan (whwre the jars are) then spend the rest in Vientiane if this is your first trip.



Help Planning Laos Trip


Yes this is our first trip. I know 5 days is not long, would it be worth trying to get up to Luang Prabang? I am more interested in scenery and culture if that helps anyone with suggestions oh and plain of jars of course LOL. What days do the flights run to the plain of jars? I have read here that they are not regular is that correct?




Maneki%26#39;s advice is good. Its a pity not to see LP, but you can%26#39;t do everything. You said roughly 5 days. If you can manage 7 you can get to see Luang Prabang as well.



The flight days are available on the Laos airlines site. Its only a 30 minute flight. Also on that site you can see some excellent hotel and flight deals to the Plain of Jars offered by Laos Airlines. As far as I know they are still current and they offer good accommodation/flight packages.



If you can manage 7 days you could also fly to LP. It would be worth it.



Be careful some dodgy French Travel agent has set up a web site to almost resemble the Lao Air site. DON%26#39;T book on this site - people have had problems.




Flights are never regular in Laos- in fact, my domestic flight was just cancelled, forcing me to opt for the bloody 9+ -hour bus ride from Vientiane to Pakse this week, and my return flight time was also changed so I have to stay a night in Bangkok on my return to Japan. I am flying to Laos tomorrow morning and I am hoping nothing else will go wrong!




Sounds a bit like travelling in India!




you should not forget to visit southern provinces, very nice and attractive too.

No comments:

Post a Comment