Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ATM issues: Beware of cancalled transactions

Hello fellow wanderlust,





While I was in LP, I used ATM to withdraw money. During one occasion, the transaction was cancelled and I did not receive any cash. Then, the machine gave me the msg of ';out of order.'; That sort of thing was nothing out of ordinary. Normally, I would not check my bank statement when I am at home or in Europe. But I was in Laos, I checked and the Laos bank took money from my account. I waited for a week and they did not credit back my money. Pretty fishy, I think.





I contacted my bank and they intervened. Please check your accout if this sort of thing happens to you.



ATM issues: Beware of cancalled transactions


I would suggest that this type of thing is not isolated to Laos or even Asia, as the very same thing happened to us in Belgium - money came out of our account, but we received no cash and the ATM%26#39;s were suddenly ';Out of Order'; for hours on end. Once we got back home, we contacted our bank, who were able to trace the transaction in Belgium and we received all of our outstanding cash.





When travelling, anywhere in the world, always ensure you regularly check your bank account online, so you know what%26#39;s going on and you%26#39;ll know if anything dodgy happens straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment