Monday, April 16, 2012

Lao Airlines -internet booking advice please :o)

Hi

Has anyone booked online via the Lao Airlines website? (Thanks to previous posts for the warnings re laos-airlines.com!)

I%26#39;ve found the flights I%26#39;d like to book but am a little concerned about the note ';To ensure you obtain the ticket(s) at the quoted fare(s), they must be purchased in the country of departure.';

I%26#39;d be interested to know if anyone has ended up paying more than the published rate.

Also, any idea of check-in times for the airline? I%26#39;m sure the published time is the standard 2 hours but experience on Vietnam Airlines is that everyone turns up 20 mins before. Are Lao Airline the same or do they enforce the standard rules?

Thanks

Susie

Lao Airlines -internet booking advice please :o)

I recently booked and used Lao airlines via the website and paid only what was on the site. Very easy and efficient. e tickets came through very quickly. This was for domestic only tickets. I don%26#39;t know if you could get them a bit cheaper booking through a Lao agency if you are only flying domestic and could pick them up in the country but I don%26#39;t think they change. For the ease it was worth just using the site.

They do have normal check in times but domestic is much less than international and everyone turns up about 1/2 hour before. Sometimes though the times change unexpectedly so you do need to check! Thats been the same for my usage of them over they last few years. The last flight we had we had we arrived for normal departure but it was a flight coming from Cambodia so was full of people needing a visa. Although it arrived on time, by the time they were all processed the flight had been delayed and hour and a half! Only a one hour flight so a bit behind! Still needed to be there on time just in case though.

Lao Airlines -internet booking advice please :o)

Thanks Black Duck

I%26#39;ll now book my tickets with confidence :o)

Great information too on the delay experienced, our flights are international (BKK- LP - BKK) and I%26#39;ve been trying to decide on the onward flight from Bangkok when we get back there, the choice was between flying out just 2 hrs after landing from LP or 4 hours. Two seemed a little tight but didn%26#39;t want to hang around for 4 but I think we%26#39;ll go for the 4 now based on your experience.

Thanks again

Susie


Susie, see if you can find out if the flight originates in LP as I don%26#39;t think there is likely to be much delay there. The delays we had centred on people entering Lao and needing a visa before the flight could continue. When I%26#39;ve flown out of LP they have been on time except once when the weather was so bad they must have been late leaving the last stop. If you do have a longer time in Bangkok its a good airport with lots of things to look at for a while. I guess I%26#39;d take that option rather than risk missing my next flight. Bkk airport is also a very long walk from one end to the other so if you were delayed and had to go to a gate at the other end its a bit of a hike.

Mary

  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment