Thursday, April 19, 2012

Road conditions in Laos

Hi. Can anyone advise on the bus trip from vientiane to luang prabang and also from luang prabang to phonsavan? Are the bus/road conditions ok?





Road conditions in Laos


The roads are fine to LP. However it is a very twisty journey. If you are prone to motion sickness I suggest you fly. Personally I would never do this journey by bus as I enjoy my creature comforts. The scenery is spectacular, however.



LP to Phonsavan is ok, though there are some ruts and potholes which you need to watch out for if you are driving



Road conditions in Laos


If you take the bus, then I suggest you book a seat on the daily ';VIP'; bus. Its a couple of dollars more and a little more comfortable.





I road my bicycle on this road a few months back and I can attest to the number of people who lose their breakfast on the road between VV and LP. It is very hilly and very twisty.





The road from VTE to VV is flat and not difficult.





The road is sealed and good all the way.





Cheers, --Kip




Is there a vIP bus from Phonsavan to LP? What are the road conditions like on that road?




Yes, There is a bus from LPB to Phonsavanh... but not sure it is a VIP one !

No comments:

Post a Comment