Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Please..... any advice on my Laos trip would be appreciated!



Hello, I%26#39;m a 20 year old female, travelling to Laos alone in January for about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks.





I am planning on going to Luang Prabang (4 nights), Vientiane (2 nights) and Phonsavan (';Plain of Jars';, 1 night).





Originally I was thinking of doing a cruise further South as well, but reality is setting in and I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ll have time. So, does anyone know of a good boat trip (maybe couple of nights) around Luang Prabang? One that isn%26#39;t too expensive? but would be safe for me too? Would it be better to book in advance, or are there travel agents which book from LP without any websites etc.?





I am interested in seeing more the culture, people and scenery? Are there any other places I should go? Will it be safe for me to go exploring more North or South by myself? or are there guides who will take me from the larger towns out to see the villages, which I would feel more comfortable with.





Thanks a lot, I would really appreciate any advice!



Please..... any advice on my Laos trip would be appreciated!


My question is, how do intend to get up to Phonsavan, where the jars are? It%26#39;s way the heck up there, and is worth at LEAST 2 days to see. Will you be flying to Luang Prabang as well? If not, you will be very limited with your time, as road travel is very slow in Laos. Unless you have at least another whole week, forget attempting heading down south. Instead of spending your time on a boat down a skinny river, explore the towns instead. There is a LOT to see, and Laos is a good, slow-paced country to chill out.



Please..... any advice on my Laos trip would be appreciated!


Hi, we used Green Discovery in a couple of places (they have an office in LP) and found it very well run. They have a great website. We did a two night trek from Luang Namtha and then a day Mountain Bike riding - both were great.



We missed Phonsavan due to time (stayed 3.5 weeks and still was not enough) but it%26#39;s on the list for next time.



Hope you have a great holiday.



By the way, there is a travel agent in LP that Lonely Planet recommend, we just did two half day trips with them and organised an internal flight - so you could try them. I think it was Treasure something?? (I think they also have a website)


  • making lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment