Saturday, April 21, 2012

Which Hotel

Hi All,



Can%26#39;t decide btween 2 hotels,Lao Orchid and Le Calao.



Can any one help.



Cheers,



Stewie.



Which Hotel


do both lao orchid is in vientiane, calao is in luang prabang



Which Hotel


Hi Calao,



According to their website they have one in Vientiane.



Have also found a hotel in Luang Prabang, Ancient Luang Prabang Hotel.



Do you know anything about this hotel?



Cheers,



Stewie.




haven%26#39;t heard of that hotel when I was in LP I stayed at the Sala Prabang which is a nice place on the mekong side second floor rooms look over the river and very close to everything I think its a little pricey but pretty nice, Lao orchid is a 4or5 story guesthouse ,looks like most of the rooms have a place to sit outside and some look over the mekong half a block from the river, a recent makeover, heard its nice but was full last time I was in town, sticky fingers restuarant and bor pen nyang bar very close by, don%26#39;t know Le Calao but I like the name, callao




Hi Callao,



Sala Prabang looks nice but they don%26#39;t have a pool.



Cheers,



Stewie.




Stewie,



I%26#39;m curious as too which hotels you have chosen as from your posts it looks like you are looking for much the same things as we are. We are after nice (but not too expensive) hotels in Vientiane, Vangvieng and Luang Prabang, preferably central and preferrably with a pool,



Lynne




Hey Stewie,





The Chanthapanya Hotel in Vientiane is very good - about $46/night. I have not stayed at the Lao Orchid but it looks pretty nice from the outside and would be my second choice when staying in VTE. If you are after a pool in Luang Prahbang you could look into the Villa Santi Resort. I stayed there a year ago and plan to in July this year, the pool area overlooks the adjacent rice paddies. I think it is about $80 a night. it is also a bit out of town but they do have shuttle buses.





Cheers



Bailinh




Hi Bailinh,



Thanks for the info, Villa Santi doesn%26#39;t get good reviews I,ve seen.



Down to 2 hotels now, Le Calao and Ancient LuangPrabang, the Grand Luang Prabang looks ok but it%26#39;s $80 Aussie a night.



I%26#39;ve sent e-mail to Le Calao but they do not respond.



So if there are any other hotel with a pool please let me know.



Cheers,



Stewie.

No comments:

Post a Comment